Authorities are investigating reports of rape inside a Bronx school building earlier this month.
Police say it happened at 1000 Teller Avenue in Concourse Village, a building that houses CJHS 145, MS 325 and MS 328.
Investigators say two teenaged boys - ages 13 and 14 - are accused of sexually assaulting two girls - ages 12 and 13 - inside the facilities auditorium.
The girls were taken to Lincoln Medical Center for evaluation.
The boys are facing charges of rape and committing criminal sex acts.
Police say the assault happened on October 16, but this was the first some say they have heard about it.
Victor Fernandez's 13 year-old is a student at 145.
After learning about the incident Thursday afternoon, he claims he tried to get more information from school officials, but couldn't.
"If you knew then you gonna spread it so they don’t want to tell anybody anything. They want to just keep it as a secret. And you don’t do that,” said Fernandez.
"It's a disaster,” said Alan Ripka, an attorney who will represent the girls’ families eventual negligence lawsuit against the city.
Ripka says it the incident took place during lunch on October 16 in a school auditorium.
"The boys said something to the extent that, ‘Hey, we want to talk to you, we want to show you something,’” Ripka said. “And they're young kids they went along with it, only to find out they're being lured and trapped."
Ripka says the assault lasted for 90 minutes.
When the girls didn't immediately return to class, he says, school officials should've done more.
"When you see a girl's missing from a class, especially two classes simultaneously, all the red flags go up, this is an emergency, this is the time to stop, search,” said Ripka.
One of the girls told school officials while the other told her family about what happened.
Schools Chancellor Carmen Farina said she was disturbed by the news.
"Look, I'm the mother of two daughters and I absolutely know this is a tragedy. It's under investigation. Maintaining the privacy of the kids involved, and letting them heal I think is a very important part of the process," she said.
The boys were charged as juveniles.
Their names were not released.
The 13-year-olds case has been transferred to family court. Meanwhile the 14 year-old pleaded not guilty at his arraignment.